So, I woke up one morning to an email on my HOPE post that Julie over at Kick Acetone had nominated me for the Liebster Award. I'd never heard of this award before, but Julie was nice enough to explain it all in her blog. So, here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions for nominees to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.
Miss Julie is now my only "official" follower! I'm new to blogging, and not really very good at it yet. But, it's fun to do anyway. Thanks, Julie, for nominating, following, and reading me!
Let's get down to it, shall we?
11 Random Things About Me:
1. I played the bass guitar in a girl band in college.
2. I played the saxophone in middle and high school.
3. Purple is my favorite color!
4. I have 4 tattoos: a fairy on my right ankle, a sea turtle on my right shoulder, 3 stars on my right wrist, and a rose on my left wrist.
5. I make up words like 'underbrella' and 'hellophone' and use them daily.
6. Earrings are my favorite accessory that isn't nail polish, but I've only had my ears pierced for a few years.
7. I desperately want a Toy Yorkshire Terrier.
8. I love fairies, including Tinkerbell.
9. I'm a TV junkie who doesn't have TV. Thank you Hulu, Netflix, and online streaming!
10. I was a theater major in college, but am terribly uneducated about shows that everyone else seems to know.
11. Snickers are my favorite candy bar.
11 Questions from My Nominator:
1. How often do you paint your nails?
-- usually about once a week
2. Do you collect anything besides polish?
-- I kind of have a collection of programs from plays I've seen. And earrings.
3. What's the farthest you've traveled from home?
-- Hawaii! Twice!
4. Do you have pets?
-- My roommate has a crazy bi-polar cat named Kindle.
5. What's your favorite beverage?
-- Right now? Dr. Pepper!
6. What's is the best beauty tip you've received?
-- I know I'm behind, but I just found out about this handy tool that helps to get rid of pimples.
7. What's your favorite nail care tip?
-- I use a wonderful hand scrub that keeps my hands soft. But my favorite part about it is that it gets rid of the strong taste and smell that nail polish remover can leave behind on my fingers after working with my polish for hours. It's called 60 Second Manicure from Bath & Body Works.
8. How long can you go with naked nails?
-- I've gone about a week before, but I don't like it! I prefer to always have polish on my nails.
9. Do you paint your toenails as often as your fingernails?
-- No. My toes only get painted once every few weeks, and I don't normally do art on my toes.
10. What's your favorite nail trend?
-- I love stamping! It makes me feel like I actually have talent! haha
11. How many polishes do you own?
-- On last count, I had 107 bottles of regular polish. This doesn't include top coats, base coats, bottles specifically designed for nail art, or pens. But I've purchased some since then. ;)
11 Questions for My Nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What's your guilty pleasure?
3. What character from a movie, book, or TV show do you wish you could meet?
4. How long do you usually spend on your nails?
5. If someone had to get to know you, just from the contents of your closet, what would their first impression be?
6. What's on your toes right now?
7. Bigfoot -- fact or fiction?
8. What inspires your nail art?
9. What's your favorite brand of polish?
10. Do you paint other people's nails, or just your own?
11. What song did you turn up way too loud and sing at the top of your lungs most recently?
All Glazed Over
Nail Polish Creations
Marine Loves Polish
Brandy's Nailtastic Blog
Polish My Mind
Forever the Ugly Duckling (I can't tell how many followers you have, so I hope this doesn't break the rules! :))
Tales of Knit and Nails
Drama Queen Nails
Nail + Colours
My Nail Journey