Saturday, February 16, 2013

Singles Need Lovin' Too!

Hi, there! This post is about a week late, for which I apologize. But I suspect that not enough people read this blog to really care.

Last week, America was overtaken with Valentine's Day. Facebook was abuzz with confessions of love for spouses and significant others, and alive with protestations of the holiday. I tried to just ignore it, but I find it difficult to let a holiday pass without a matching manicure. So, without further ado, I give you "Singles Need Lovin' Too!"



Let's scroll down for a tutorial, shall we?


I started with a coat of Seche Clear base coat, and then a couple coats of  Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Twisted Pink.


I cut a heart stencil from a plastic sandwich bag, and laid it over the top of the pink in varying orientations.

Then, I painted the stencil with Pure Ice Super Star, being very careful around the edges to prevent bleeding. Brush toward the center of the heart from the edges to keep the paint from leaking under the plastic.


Next, I used my dotting tool to create hearts in the same white polish and Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Black Heart. The hearts are done by placing two dots side by side, barely touching, and then drawing a V shape to link the them and then filling in the center.


I then used OPI Black Shatter to make the shattered look of the hearts. The polish is best used in thin coats on a totally dry base. The paint will crack in the direction of your brush strokes, so you can get different looks depending on how you apply it.

I topped it off with two coats of Seche Vite top coat, and voila! 



What do you think, boys and girls? Wanna share the love?


No comments:

Post a Comment